STCW Elementary First Aid (EFA)
Seascope Maritime Training
About the course
STCW Elementary First Aid (EFA) is a one day course, designed to form part of the minimum Basic Safety Training programme for seafarers.
The aim of the course is to give all persons intending to work at sea a basic knowledge of First Aid techniques to enable them to respond to a medical emergency at sea.
Upon successful completion of the course, all candidates are awarded an MCA approved STCW Elementary First Aid (EFA) certificate.
Candidates must be fit and able to complete all aspects of training.
STCW Elementary First Aid course covers the syllabus required by the STCW95 Table AVI/1-3 and provides an introduction to the principles of first aid.
What you will learn
The Elementary First Aid course is a combination of both theoretical and practical training.
It covers the following topics:
- Applying immediate first aid in the event of an accident/injury on board ship
- Actions on discovering a casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Recovery position
- Dealing with fractures / broken bones
- Examination of a casualty
- Medical conditions including heart attack, choking & asthma
- Treatment and control of bleeding
- Treatment of Burns
- Dealing with Shock
- Knowing when to call professional help
There is a very important practical assessment to the course where students are required to correctly carry out resuscitation on a CPR manikin.
GBP 110.25 incl. VAT
Seascope Maritime Training have not provided any upcoming dates.